Monday, April 16, 2007

once

For you were once
insecure
yet I scoffed
ridiculed
cajoled
threatened even
for you were once
insecure.

You heard me say
i've had enough
and your eyes welled up
with tears
with fears
unmapped
by your inexperienced
heart.
for you were once
insecure.

How cruel was i
to take advantage
of the innocence
in your touch
in the way your tiny hands
clutched
curled their way
around my arms.
I slept soundlessly
as you wept
siently.
For you were once
insecure.

Time slashes
through bloody wrists
the result of
affections obviated
harshly,
for they were once
far too clingy.
and now
i faintly,
silently,
reminisce
of devotion
dedication
pure agonizing emotion
for i was once
secure.

today i know not
where you are
with whom you dwell
no longer needing
my sense, my voice, my being
by choice.
ofcourse
by choice.
i still remember those
dimpled smiles
those twinkling eyes
for you were once
secure.
---------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Shruti said...

Hi, saw your comment some where, and i thought to visit ur blog..
Lovely words written out here...
just Loved it...
Take care..

sunshine said...

i know this is too late a comment but just cudn't resist adding.the post is amazing.i loved it.