Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Every man needs a goal. Every blog needs a man with a blog.


Ok, the title is ridiculous but I had to say something. I have it now, finally. A goal. I mean it's not like I havent had goals before but in the last 3-4 years, it's been more tactically oriented. Getting married was strategic but if I had tried to chronicle THAT experience, there would be noone to write this blog on account of the brain damage I might have suffered. Just kidding, organizing the wedding was awesome and I had a blast. Coming back to the goal. It's simple. It's called 80@30. Yes you read it right, 80 (eighty) at 30 (thirty). What is 80@30 you may ask? Oh you didnt ask? Then why the f@$% are you here? Ok sorry I didnt hear you ask so was checking. 80 at 30 is my goal to be the fittest I have ever been since the day I was 18 till now. You might think on reading this that I was an unfit kid/teenager. Not at all. The truth is I was fairly athletic all through school but college introduced me to AIESEC; AIESEC got me to Bombay. Bombay took me to Agra. Agra took me to Switzerland and Switzerland got me back to my beautiful Delhi in a round, lovable , rotund shape that was great for hugging but not so great for figure-hugging clothing. You get the drift. AIESEC was all about working 15 hours a day and then partying hard the remaining time. Bombay was about bonding with a bunch of amazing individuals and that bonding meant a LOT of alcohol consumption amidst enormous levels of stress that most 20 year olds should be legally BANNED from facing. Agra was , oh man I cant even begin to explain Agra. Switzerland was chocolates, wine, lots of love, cheese , more wine, more chocolates and gazing at mountains instead of walking towards them. The last 4 years have been awesome. Discovered squash, rediscovered badminton, continued my affair with Basketball and can safely say that I'm above average from a pedestrian point of view in all 3 sports. It's been good. An average of 3-4 times a week of waking up at 5:30am (yes you heard it right) to go play at the CWG siri fort complex has been the norm. I feel fit, I have great stamina BUT I am getting old. The body doesnt have the metabolism it used to have and as you've already realized, I love my drink and I love my food. A certain friend of mine has introduced me to some amazing new food since we started working together (again) and that has taken fat levels to a whole new planetary system. Somehow I stay balanced through it all but the scale is tipping. The paunch is more prominent. The buttons on the well fitted shirts are starting to moan with the effort of keeping the tyres under wraps AND I tend to find myself unhappy with the weight I'm carrying around. This is the physical reasoning behind 80@30. 80 kgs by the time I turn 30. Today on te 14th of March 2013, I am well on my way. With less than 8 months to go , I must polish off more than 11 kgs whilst ensuring I don't go crazy, desperate, obsessive, irritable or generally obessive in the journey. Tomorrow, I discuss the psychological aspect behind this goal, this journey. It's going to be awesome.

No comments: