Sunday, March 09, 2008

reunions rule

They well and truly do. the Swiss maestros continue to grace us with their presence- this time it being Cileia and Michel; the former being coerced into visiting the country post her Pakistani sojourn and the latter coming into study first hand the BOP concept with a dutch multinational.

Phenomenal fun to say the least. Van Chitgough did his best to combine cultural exposure with pure chilling in a night that once again made me realize just how lucky one has been to be exposed to multiple worlds across multiple geography. Needless to say, the little jewel in the heart of western europe is undoubtedly my most loved...I will return soon, just as I promised! And in the meantime, I cherish every chance to reconnect with friends like these...

Dimpy Menon's work was even more impressive up close. When one is close to subject as I have been these last few weeks through some very minor assistance to the exhibition- one tends to get a bit more involved then usual. I arrived at the open palm in Habitat expecting to be impressed..this exceeded the expectations...Not too long before I have one of these sculptures welcoming guests at the front door. I just realize that Cileia's got the exact same pic on her blog:)..

Checked out the new F-bar last night at the Ashoka..either i'm getting old or something was majorly wrong with the janta..lots of brutishly gyrating couples and groups that somehow didnt gel well with my previous memory of F-bar when it was situated near adchini...No sign of the patent leather sofas or the pristine silver/bling set up. I predict it'll be another classic delhi nightspot; 2 months of glory followed by a continuous visit from the underbelly just as various others before it. The evening culminated with KS showing the visitors a lot more of delhi at 3 am then what they had bargained for and with me knocking a few teachers' with tan and ro after what seemed like a VERY long time. good conversations that included reminiscing of the old and touching upon new, slightly touchy topics. A perfect saturday so to speak...

Errands to be run, prep for the return to the village underway and the absolute acceptance of the fact that the delhi summer is upon us. Whoop-do-woo :)

More on work and the ongoing brilliance in being part of a set-up soon...

No comments: