Thursday, February 21, 2008

24

It's 5 past 1 in the morning. The complaints of my better half combined with the knowledge that I can start my day a little later then usual tomorrow are urging me to re-capture some of the emotions from last week.

For last week was momentous. Marking the dusk of yet another 'era' in the saga, DC turned 24.

Holy crap. I say that to myself nice and slowly as if to be re-playing it in the very filmy style of "nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin"

"twwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy------ fooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur"

As I look at what I've just written it looks kind of moronic but what the hell, this isn't quite winning the booker for best blog entry. I know that doesnt exist but I really think someone should be thinking of adapting our current rewards for literary genius to the shorter , far more anonymous writings of the web-crawling layman.
Irrespective, this one's not in the contention either which way.

It all sort of started with the day before the big bash-to-be itself. A nice reunion with a mentee and his ever expanding avatars that can only be acquired over the experience of vikhroli combined with terribly large shots of rum mixed with vodka (thanks ofcourse to KS) - led to a few drunken phone calls and some random conversations that I couldnt care to recall now. One phone call was cathartic for me and the recipient though I didn't realize it would become a matter of such great discussion. Still not quite sure as to how it was perceived but am going to allow myself peace with the realization that at the end of the day 'I am a generous, kind hearted man that wants people to be happy' Even for those that are owed nothing- there is a feeling of remorseless remorse. Ever had that feeling? You knoow you shouldn't be feeling guilty about a good decision you made but yet end up feeling so just because the decision is too hard for another to swallow? Small mistakes continue to plague in this one odd-ball connection, that too shall be dealt with.


Drove the boys home that night and woke up with that sleep-deprived, alcohol ridden sense of disgust that can only be cured with a long hot shower, coffee and loads of citrus and carbohydrates. I was to have none of these for the first half of the day so I proceeded to take my 6 million facebook messages (god I love that thing for reminding me of others arrivals but hate it for reminding them of mine), emails and rapidly incoming calls to the east side where T was waiting. Some wonderful gifts were received and there is really nothing more cute then connecting with a 12 year old at her own level. Maybe i'm still 12 in some ways huh? I'm now the proud owner of a book I've wanted for a long time as well as some very very nice apparel that is sure to light up the social gatherings of the coming season. Thanks to you:) !

The birthday prep was kind of stressing me out. My MV pad, as snazzy as it is, can only host so many people at the end of the day. The end of the day (in a literal sense) saw over 40 people during the course of the celebrations. Gate-crashers et al!I should have known that the back garden would play an unassuming host. Whilst I didn't have time to mingle with all and sundry,it was a good chance for people to catch up and for me to remind myself that this is where it is at. This is what the hard work is for and this is truly self-realization and growth's outcomes in the simplest of ways. Nurtured relationships come together from across generations, bonds built with the creators come to an enlightening fruition and the resolve to be 'outstanding' continuously wrestles with the balance it must attain; nay, the balance it HAS to attain.

Balance - The only weapon available freely to manage the chaos that surrounds us.

Anyways, after a fun tash session (there's that word again- for my non-Indian homies this means a game of cards) , the gang dispersed slowly I and joyously. Champaigne accompanied conversations that are always welcome. I slept to the knowledge my teens are a fair distance behind, and the quarter century sneaks closer. I felt the urging need to evaluate, draw up a progress report and browse through notes of 'where I'll be at 24'. I resisted the urge to do so. Something told me, something tells me - it may be spot on. And even if it's not- there's a part of me that is just too damn happy with the balance of yin and yang around me. I would continue to drive change in myself and around me , but ironically enough, it would be a motivation that yields the ultimate goal- of staying in status quo of contentment.

Contentment.

I still remember that conversation with evicka "Dhruv, are you happy?" rings true in my ears every single time.

Bharat sent me a new piece which kicks some ass somewhere in between the festivities btw. It was brilliant and I could imagine myself giving him some pakka-pow leads to go with it. Heart breaker as he is , I get the information that the lead is already in place, he just needs to work the layered recording. Damn you. irrespective, I think a reunion is on the cards sometime next year no?

There didn't exist any post Birthday blues btw. I woke up with a sense of excitement for things to come. There are huge advantages that come with being your own person and your own individual. To any kids that are dreading 'growing up',- don't. Financial freedom, the opportunity to pursue your dreams, the long winding road that carries adventure,invitations from the tracks less traveled and the pathway to make it all right. Right as how you imagined it would be. Right as you played out in your head- over and over and over again. Right as the manner in which the dream, the path and goals converge. Too much uncertainity revolves around the developing years. The years of core development are now done- take all you have and make something happen.
Make it happen.

Diwali night itself turned out to be a lot more fun then what I had expected it to be. More tash, fuljaris, T, close friends, lots of scotch, catching up, random pictures, little fights, festive colors and returning home at 5 am. Diwali in delhi is the sort of thing that an almighty must look at and say "I think they've got the togetherness thing sorted out, now how the hell do i get it to be this way all year long?"

The last few days have been hectic with ups and downs. Only a month and a half remains to the true judgement day. No second takes, no second chances , no trials and no alternate angles where self-aggrandization is the easiest way out. It's now or never. Time to go for broke.

I'm writing some new songs btw which I'll be uploading soon. In the meantime, here's my top 5 track-list of the week:

1. stabilo- flawed design (remix)
2. Kanye West - good life
3. Seal - amazing
4. unkle - lonely soul
5. taking back sunday - what's it feel like to be a ghost (transformers OST)

P.S.- for anyone looking to watch the most nonsensically hilarious, racist and degrading movie to the human mind- watch soul plane. It's a riot.

over and out with the recommendations. You guys should be doing something productive!

No comments: